Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Cher Set to Sell Her Famous Belongings for Charity

Charity News Online

Veteran singer and actress Cher is planning to sell some of her famous belongings, including her wild clothes and Neo-Gothic furniture for charity. Cher, who plans refurbishing her plush Malibu mansion after the sale, hopes to raise more than 1 million dollars through the auction.

"I'm truly excited about it, having had this stuff for so many years. I'm only keeping about five items from everything I have", Ratethemusic quoted her, as saying. "When I got off the road, something happened and I said, 'You know, I think it's time to do something different. But my house is so full that there's no way to do something different unless I totally change it", she added.

Sotheby's and Julien's Auctions said that they have planned an October 3-4 sale of 200 items from the Oscar winner's professional and personal wardrobe. Items from the star's collection include neo-Gothic art and furniture, a 16th-century terra-cotta figurine of Jesus Christ, antique jewelry pieces as well as outfits featured on 'The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour' in the 1960s.

,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home